Dodgers took another series by beating the J I N T S two out of three!
Dodgers outscored the Giants 22-11.
Highlights of the series:
- Grand Slam by Belliard off Brad Penny
- Back to back homeruns by Kemp (25)and Loney (13). For Loney that was hist first HR at home.
- Garland pitched eight innings without allowing an earned run Saturday
- Randy Wolf . With six innings he surpassed 200 innings for the first time since 2003. He’s 6-0 with a 2.41 ERA in his last eight starts, all quality starts.
- Ethier belted his 31st homerun with a man on base for the Dodgers’ first 100 RBI season since J.D. Drew in 2006, the first 30/100 season since Adrian Beltre in 2004 and the first by a Dodgers outfielder since Shawn Green in 2002.
Mike, a fellow season ticket holder was showing us this coin that he received from a General in Iraq where he has been sending Dodger giveaways and other Dodger memorabillia.
An off day for my Dodgers but I will be attending this event at the Burbank library:
Author Arnold Hano and broadcaster Ross Porter, who combined have produced over a century of distinguished work in their respective professions, will share their recollections of the Dodgers-Giants rivalry, from New York to the West Coast, in a very special evening presented by the Baseball Reliquary on Monday, September 21, 2009, at 7:00 pm, in the Burbank Central Library Auditorium, 110 N. Glenoaks Blvd., Burbank, California. The discussion, which will be moderated by Jean Hastings Ardell, is free of charge and open to the public